To our referring veterinary community:
We hope that this finds you, your staff and your families doing well during this alarming and unprecedented time. We appreciate the opportunity to provide imaging services for your patients and we want to make sure that you know that we are working hard to minimize the risks of exposure for both you, your staff and your clients.
Here are the specific steps we are taking:
• We are offering curbside drop-off appointments for ultrasound at our facility in Mountlake Terrace.
• In order to promote social distancing, our office staff is currently working remotely, taking calls, answering emails and catching up on various projects.
• There are no changes in our DICOM interpretation services. Dr. Pokorny and our team of radiologists continue to interpret your digital x-rays at all hours of the day and night from their dark and socially distant radiology caves.
• At this time, we are continuing to provide mobile ultrasounds to assist you in managing your cases. However, we have reduced our mobile ultrasound team to essential personnel only. These team members are screened for symptoms relatable to COVID-19 at the beginning of each day.
• We are using a ‘scrub-in-scrub-out’ protocol when we arrive and depart from our client hospitals. We wash our hands immediately when we arrive, between patients and do the same right before we leave.
• We are using SONO disinfectant wipes (which are proven to be effective against Human Coronavirus and SARS Associated Coronavirus) to sanitize our ultrasound probes and machine before and after each patient we ultrasound.
• We are disinfecting the tables, as well as our v-troughs before and after each patient we ultrasound.
• We are aware that 70% isopropyl alcohol is currently on backorder from all veterinary supply distributors, so we are attempting to minimize the amount of alcohol we use during the procedure.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions, or if there is anything we can do to help you during this crisis. As always, we appreciate the opportunity to support you in providing high-quality care to your patients and clients.